World Heart Day 2009
[ Past Event - this page is for archival information purposes only.]
"Wellness in the Workplace"
18 October 2009 Taman Tasik Permaisuri Cheras
Details of Event
Date : Sunday, 18 October 2009
Time : 7.00 am - 10.30 am
Venue : Tasik Permaisuri Park, Kuala Lumpur
- Ministry of Health Malaysia
- National Heart Association of Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur City Hall
- Nestle Nesvita Omega Plus
Activities include :
- Poster Exhibition
- Walk-A-Mile Final Event
- Health Talks
- Healthy heart breakfast from Nestle
- Aerobic Exercises
- Line Dancing Performance
- Martial Arts Performance
- Jump Rope Demonstration
- Free Health Screening for Blood Pressure, Blood sugar, Cholesterol, Weight
- Anti Smoking Campaign
- Lucky Draws
- The event was officiated by Former Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad and the Walk-A-Mile was flagged off by his wife Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali. Approximately 1,200 people participated in the Walk-A-Mile led by Tun Dr. Mahathir. Each participant was given a free T-Shirt featuring the World Heart Federation logo and Heart-shaped balloon.
Other pre event activities held were :
- Walk-A-Mile in difference states of Malaysia
- Health screening at community halls.
- Health talks at workplaces.
- Local Newspaper
- Health & Beauty Magazine - Special issue focusing on World Heart Day and the theme on Wellness in the Workplace
- Health Magazine (Special issue focusing on World Heart Day and theme)